Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Oath & Covenant Of The Priesthood

I Encourage You To Visit The Actual Blog For The Special Apostolic Videos Attached To This Blog:

Brethren,

After a super-charged, spiritually motivated meeting with our Stake Presidency this past Sunday, I took their counsel to heart. More importantly, I have found that upon our meeting this past Sunday morning at 7 a.m.- that I did not know enough about the blessings and the many great things that come with the Oath and Covenant Of The Priesthood. I think, many of us in that meeting (Elders Quorum Presidents & High Priest Group Leaders) were surprised when we we asked about what we could remember about the 84th Section of the Doctrine & Covenants.

I feel that is a great thing to ponder for any Priesthood holder. Take a moment to consider for yourself what you remember before reading on.

President Shumway had us share some of what we remembered then, and we were all amazed to see that much of what we shared concerning the Oath & Covenant of the Priesthood were the curses and detrimental things that befall those who reject it, or turn all-together from it.

He then had us prod our memory about some of the blessings that come to those who accept this great honor and Covenant. Although I'd love to list them all, I will only list one verse that President Shumway focused on before he closed counsel to us. That is the 77th verse of the 84th Section of the Doctrine & Covenants, which reads:

"And again I say unto you, my friends, for from henceforth I shall call you friends, it is expedient that I give unto you this commandment, that ye become even as my friends in days when I was with them, traveling to preach the gospel in my power;"

Having shared this with you, I now wish to have you watch the following two videos, on which Elder Perry of The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, speaks on the Oath & Covenant Of The Priesthood of God.

First, we have: Elder Perry on the Priesthood, Part One: The Oath and Covenant




Next we have: Elder Perry on the Priesthood, Part Two: The Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthoods





I pray our understandings of the very power by which we act in His name, will become greater. I felt the Spirit stir me in getting this counsel from President Shumway, and I know you will as you study and pray about it!

I leave this with you, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

* Attention Friends: Many Of You Get This Via E-Mail; I Encourage You To Visit The Actual Blog For Additional Interactive Features Such As Videos (And Many Of The Blog Entries Have Videos That Are Not Supported Through Email), News Alerts, (For Those In Plainview Branch) Lesson Schedules, Cleaning Schedules, Announcements And Much More. Find Interactive Links To Many Church Websites. To Visit The Blog, Visit The Following Web-Address: HTTP://PLAINVIEWEQ.BLOGSPOT.COM For Additional Testimony From Personal Members Of The Branch, Visit The (Un-Official) Plainview-Review Branch Blog At The Following Web-Address: HTTP://PLAINVIEWREVIEW.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments: