Friday, April 8, 2011

New Blog Address, Changes In The Ward & Newly Released & Called Brethren

THE BLOG ADDRESS HAS CHANGED! THE NEW BLOG ADDRESS IS:

*****HTTP://THEVINEYARDOFTHEPLAINVIEWWARD.BLOGSPOT.COM*****

 Brothers And Sisters,

Heretofore I have addressed, for the most part, most of these blog entries- starting by simply saying "Brethren". I wish now to exclaim, as I have at the beginning of this blog entry- all blogs from here on out, by saying "Brothers And Sisterss".

The reason for this change is, first of all, that I know many women read this blog, and according to statistics I can view, it sometimes is more frequently viewed by women than it is by men.

I realize that this blog is titled "The Elders Quorum Blog" , but hereafter it will not be labeled as such. It will now be called "The Vineyard Of The Plainview Ward". This change coming in light of the declaration given by our GREAT Stake President, President Shumway. I know that the change from Branch to Ward comes by approval (and I think he said by:) of the First Presidency. I know that this is the will of the Lord.

I will forever be placing messages here that are geared to benefit both the Brothers and Sisters in our Ward. A new feature, soon to come, will be the posting of the Visiting Teaching Message on the blog. I have always posted the First Presidency Message (Or similarly called Home Teaching Message) on the blog, and it is a fair proposal to also see some representation of the Sisters. This site will become an unofficial blog to benefit both those faithful readers the world over, and those living in and around the Plainview Ward.

Dear Sisters in Zion, unless otherwise noted and declared by the Relief Society President, all of the lessons posted here each week  (which can be viewed in the left column on the blog home page) are the same lessons that you will be hear in Relief Society.

On Sunday, March 27th 2011- There were some changes made in "Branch Presidency" as well as in the High Priest Group. They are as follows:

Brother Sharp was released as the 1st Counselor in the Branch Presidency.
Brother Calderon was released as the 2nd Counselor in the Branch Presidency.
Brother Bird was released as the High Priest Group Leader.

The following Brethren were called to the following positions, and they are as follows:

Brother Sharp was called to be the High Priest Group Leader.
Brother Calderon was called to be the 1st Counselor in the Branch Presidency.
Brother Almaraz was called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Branch Presidency.

We have reached a fulfillment of our longing desire to first, find more people to help come to know the truth- to edify them with the doctrine of eternal salvation and exaltation, and secondly, to become greater in numbers (and certainly not just numbers alone.) I would be foolish to think that our growth would never have come this far when I was re-activated in October of 2008. I am grateful that doubt never had residence in my heart and soul. I am so excited to know of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and feel blessed with the responsibility that we have to share the "Good News Of Christ".

Brothers and Sisters, it is a blessing to be able to do this blog, and it is an even greater blessing to know that what has been posted here, since the dawn of this blog, has not only blessed local members, but also members and non-members the world over.

I know the Church is true. I know that both the Father and the Son appeared to Joseph Smith in that sacred grove, after Joseph followed the counsel given to all by James to "...let him ask of God..." when we did not know what to do. I know that the ancient Prophet Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith, and tutored him to a great degree- teaching him to have greater faith, to be a more humble man, and to live by every word of God. I know that by the gift and power of God, Joseph Smith translated the record kept by the Nephites, revealing the fulness of the Gospel. I know that if we are, much like President Shumway admonishes us to be, Humble, Obedient and Instructing others with true doctrine, no power on earth can stop the work of the Lord from moving forth. I feel blessed to know we are led by a Prophet, even Thomas S. Monson, who is faithful in doing all that the Lord asks of Him. I pray we all continue faithful as we heretofore have been. Such is my prayer and message, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


**To Visit The Blog, Visit The Following (And New) Web-Address: **

HTTP://THEVINEYARDOFTHEPLAINVIEWWARD.BLOGSPOT.COM


* Attention Friends: Many Of You Get This Via E-Mail; I Encourage You To Visit The Actual Blog For Additional Interactive Features Such As Videos (And Many Of The Blog Entries Have Videos That Are Not Supported Through Email), News Alerts, (For Those In Plainview Branch) Lesson Schedules, Cleaning Schedules, Announcements And Much More. Find Interactive Links To Many Church Websites.

No comments: