Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Changes Are Nigh At Hand...

Brethren,

It has been yet another blessed week here in Plainview, as I am sure it has been across the world and the alternate stakes of Zion. I am grateful for the special spirit of the Lord that has abounded our daily lives, and the chances of which I have had to serve others. This service has been making more out of me, than I could ever of done on my own. The Lord is capable of shaping loving, and capable individuals from all walks of life if they have but Faith, Hope and Charity. He can refine us all, and this I am grateful for.

As the Blog title indicates, "The Changes Are Nigh At Hand..." , surely I will elaborate. I do not know, how long this has been the case outside of my residence in the city of Plainview. I have lived in Plainview since May of 2008, and been a functioning, back to church individual only since October 2008. Since that time, there have been many occasions where I frequently, month after long month, would visit the Plainview Daily Herald's Website to see all the Churches represented in the city of Plainview. (For there are a great many in this city of 29 to 32 thousand or so - 29,000 according to the 2000 Census)

When I would do so, month after month I never would see any representation of our Faith, never see any coverage of any items concerning us. Finally, two days ago I reached a point of thought where I knew that I needed to inquire and / or do something about this issue! So I got ahold of the Plainview Daily Herald, and asked them why they did not. They didn't have any reason or information on us, so therefore no coverage. I supplied the lady with the information on the Branch, the official lds.org directed Branch Page, and she said she would fix it. Indeed she did fix it. Now, under the Community Links, and Under Churches, you will see an official representation of our faith here in Plainview. The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints.

To view this online, please visit the following link: Plainview Daily Herald Online- MyPlainview.com

I can feel the Lord behind us in this great work all the way! I know he is mindful of our efforts and is willing to bless those who try. He says, "Yea, verily, verily, I say unto you, that the field is white already to harvest; wherefore, thrust in your sickles, and reap with all your might, mind, and strength." (D & C 33:7) Many of us may take this scripture too lightly, and this may be why immediately after the Lord says this, that in the very next verse he says, "Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness." (D & C 33:8)

So, in a world of sorrow and sin, of lower standards and critical review of any religious standards, we need but turn to the Lord to guide us for the direction in which way we should act. In All diligence, as "He" would have us do. How do we do this again? Let us review what Section 33 was for. Section 33 came because Ezra Thayre and Northrop Sweet asked Joseph Smith to inquire of the Lord as to how the Lord would have them proceed with many different things. But we know that we are to liken all scriptures unto ourselves. The Lord gives us them, for a reason... thus this scripture at the near end of the same above mentioned Section, "And the Book of Mormon and the holy scriptures are given of me for your instruction; and the power of my Spirit quickeneth all things."

We can make it through the bad changes, and certainly can help bring about good ones! Such is my testimony to you Brethren, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!



**Lubbock Texas Stake Announcements:

Friday, September 17th @ 8:00 p.m.- Branch Temple Day *Go out for Ice Cream at 10:00 p.m.

Saturday, September 18th @ 8:30 a.m. - Stake Merit badge clinic (ATTENTION ** THIS HAS BEEN RE-SCHEDULED TO OCTOBER 9TH @ 8:30 A.M. **)

Sunday, September 19th @ 8:30 a.m. - P.E.C.

Saturday, September 25th @ 7:00 p.m. - General Relief Society Telecast @ Stake Center (** ATTENTION, SHOULD A BROTHER HAVE A WIFE THAT CAN NOT DRIVE TO LUBBOCK, CONSIDER LOADING IT UP ON YOUR COMPUTER AT HOME. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, CONTACT PRESIDENT ROBERTS, SHARP, CALDERON OR BEARDSLEY **)

Sunday, September 26th @ 8:30 a.m. - Welfare Meeting

Friday, October 1st Through 5th - Temple Closed

Saturday, October 2nd Through 3rd - General Conference
Saturday, October 2nd Priesthood Sessioin

**Submit Your Testimony To Share On http://plainviewreview.blogspot.com by sending your story, missionary moment, inspiring thought or conversion story with testimony to PlainviewEldersQuorum@ldsliving.com**

*****************Plainview Branch Elders & High Priest Lessons By Date:

9-19-10 "Faith in Jesus Christ" (Gospel Principles, Chapter 18 - Page 101)

No comments: